1. This has been an exciting and wonderful week. Rosie turned 5! It is hard to believe. I am so grateful that God allowed me to experience pregnancy, childbirth and nursing (only after we had decided adoption was how we were meant to grow our family). She is a beuaituful little girl and an amazing big sister. She loves dress up and fairytales more than anything. She still winds up in our bed sometimes (last night). She says goodbye way too many times and is our girl, through and through.
This was just four hours after her birth center birth, as we prepared to go home.
This was her 5th birthday breakfast. Pancakes topped with whip cream and sprinkles.
2. As I sit and write this she is in day two of pre-k. She is a new 5 in a class of 4 year olds. She is the big kid and probably the oldest in her class. It seems that from the day your child turns two, people begin asking when are you sending you son/daughter to school. It is almost like a parental endurance race to see how long you can hold off (at least if you are a stay at home mom).
3. Suddenly I have two little kids and no big kid. Right now Augie is watercoloring next to me, something he has possibly never done before and Catie and I are working on potty training, as she is walking around leaving little puddles. On Wed (Rosie's first day) I took the babies to the library and the playground. Maybe not a big deal for a mom of one or two, but something I have never done with just them, and rarely do anymore as a group. I interupt this blog to say "Yay! Augie just peed in the potty for the second time in a row." I will consider this time of just us a gift.
4. I have a penchant for things free and cheap. If I see something on the side of the road, I always slow down. Last week I brought this baby home. She just needs to be cleaned up (covers were off to be washed) and I am thinking of painting the wood work, though hubby votes no.
I think it was a pretty nice road side couch. It was nice of the family to send their teenage son to help when they saw me, this crazy momma, pulling out the car seats and (trying to) single handly stuff this thing in my SUV.
5. Car Shopping. My husband bought a very used conversion van a few years ago for work. I hate driving it for so many reasons. When he purchased it (off craigslist) I did not test drive. It was his car...but, sometimes spouses have to drive the other's car. Learning from that experience, I just took a potential next car for a test drive. His vote is for a minivan. A minivan is tempting me to do a car swap. Not sure what will happen next, we have the month to figure out. My greatest hope is we do this debt free...(which is why...dad if you are reading...we are not shopping dealerships).
6. Additional changes this week. I have joined the world of smart phone. Still getting adjusted. Still not a huge adovate. It will be nice for when we are on the road and need to look something up (AND I remember to bring it with me). Also, my husband started his new job and the hours are such an impovement. We had our first sunday sunday in ages. A trip to the zoo followed by a polish festival. Wonderful.
7. Here is the result of Augie's work.
Happy Weekend. Thanks Jen!

4 comments:
Busy busy Mama you are!
I love my mini van!!
Mmmmm Polish festival you're making me drool! Excited to see pix of the party!
Enjoyed this so, and I looooovvvvveeeee my mini van too although we only got it after we moved down here. It is so accommodating. Make sure you check consumer reports for the most reliable of cars. As a rule Hondas hold theie value and are quite reliable even if you have a lot of miles. It would be nice to know how well kept they were. I am glad you have more time for the little ones. The party sounds exciting.
Mom L
Clearly I'm out of the loop!! A belated congrats on your newest addition!
Post a Comment