This article by Simcha Fisher is spreading across facebook like wildfire. It is very clear women relate so well.
There are so many ways you can go with reflections on this. The world of infertility, secondary infertility, why some women feel they can't handle more than one child. I will just file it under "reasons to consider becoming a foster parent."
The other morning my husband and I sat at the table and enjoyed coffee while we watched our children playing together in the kitchen. Siblings are a tremendous gift. Without foster care, our daughter would still be an only child. Now she has a little brother (aka her groom and her prince) and a little sister (aka the other princess or her little baby).
Being a mom is hard. In so many ways, being a mom to one is harder.
4 comments:
Oh, yes, I agree. As we wait, it is hard in many ways, but joyous in others. :)
Oh how I would love to give my son (and us) the gift of a sibling. We are trying! Entertaining an only child all day is a challenge. We are the only one's in our circle with an only child and so we are the only one's desparate for playdates etc. It isn't easy. And when he asks why God chose to put a baby in so and so's tummy and not mine, I am speechless.
Oh how I would love to give my son (and us) the gift of a sibling. We are trying! Entertaining an only child all day is a challenge. We are the only one's in our circle with an only child and so we are the only one's desparate for playdates etc. It isn't easy. And when he asks why God chose to put a baby in so and so's tummy and not mine, I am speechless.
Be Not Afraid - I can only imagine. The part where precious little ones ask why they can't have siblings has to be the absolute hardest. Prayers for you and your family.
Post a Comment