Thursday, August 15, 2013

quick takes - on getting there



1. 34 w 5 d
difficult to breathe, challenging to get up from sitting or laying down, heart burn, reflux, can't stand too long, have to pee all the time...and holy smokes...I am having a baby!!!! so grateful to God for this gift of life within.  grateful for His trust and I am not worthy.  baby hiccups, kicks, head buts, tiny movements inside of me...and now the necessity to think in terms of getting this child out and holding a precious fresh from God newborn.  (not a tweeter...but hashtag grateful)

2.
a most beautiful and captivating book.  add to your wish list!

3. Wednesday I attended a Mass of Thanksgiving for a new Gianna Center affiliate opening in my diocese.  After Mass I had the chance to pray (once again) with St Gianna's gloves.  I placed them over my very large womb and prayed for a safe delivery.  Immediately after that prayer my prayers went towards all those I know who are still begging God for a healthy baby in arms.  My thoughts went to the last person I was fervently praying for while holding her gloves. For those who have suffered miscarriages, I prayed for you.  For those who have not yet conceived, I prayed for you. St Gianna Molla, pray for us!

4.  My husband's colleague mentioned something to the fact that "your wife is REALLY pregnant."  Why yes, yes I am.  Meanwhile my (almost) 6 year old declared me fat.   Starting to navigate some of these new conversations with her.  The world is pressing in and I am trying but not quite sure how to push back.  Lord, protect our daughters and help us teach them well.

5. On teaching her well...Rosie has made it through two whole rosaries this week.  She led 4 out of 5 decades in the car the other day.  She can also recite the St Michael prayer and told me she says it if she wakes at night scared.  So proud!

6. School.  As I watch many people post about school, about homeschooling, about getting ready...I am grateful that for now, we can afford catholic education.  Rosie will be starting K.  Augie will be attending a 3 year old pre-k 5 hours a week to obtain services from the intermediate unit.  I feel no pull to home school yet.  I can't imagine catholic education all the way through...but for now...we are here.

7.  Last weekend was Catie's half-sister's 17th birthday party.  Her first ever.  She entered into foster care last fall and we have been slowly building a relationship with her and her foster mom.  For T's sake, as well as Catie.  Today I received the most precious thank you note from a girl who is probably writing them for the first time ever.  It included the words "thank you for trying to play kick ball" (just picture that for a second, and yeah :-) .  I am very grateful she is in a good home.  I really can not see her in ours.  But grateful still for the opportunity to have a biological connection for Catie.  Wish I could share the sweet pics!

So I will leave on a note about Older Child Adoptions with THIS sweet story.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

So great! I hope that the final weeks of your pregnancy are filled with cool weather and joy! We are due about the same time so I just love relating to all your posts.

Funny that you were my prayer buddy for Advent and we both ended up pregnant after that! :) God is good!

Unknown said...

I hear you! 35.3 weeks here. I'm excited about the book you recommend. It's the picture that drew to me click here today. I look forward to finding it. Prayers for a wonderful next few weeks and a safe delivery!

Anonymous said...

Yes, the world wants our daughters doesn't it. It is everywhere and it tries to take them younger and younger.
Suscipio4women
3-2-1 Party

E said...

I love the new header!!! You look so great! Can't wait to see you. ;)