Friday, May 03, 2013

quick takes from FL

quick taking it from rainy florida and having a wonderful time with family.



1. I have read a couple of blogs about "having babies in an opposite world" and "nfp doesn't work" (awesome Dwija!) and contemplating the general state of feelings towards children.  Why is it that I am shy about revealing this pregnancy to certain people or explaining to strangers this is my fourth?  I am still in shock that this could be the life of a former infertile girl.  But I really truly truly need to work on presenting my JOY and excitement in a more palpable way.  We were the only patrons in Waffle House at 4.30pm yesterday during our commute.  The waitress & cook (both early 20's & female) were gushing over the kids.  When one asked if we planned to have any more my husband said "we have #4 right here!" (pointing to my belly).  We have been fortunate to not have much in the way of negative feedback, but it is certainly a new place of learning & navigating how to present your big family as pure miracle and gift.

2. Pure Challenge.  Pure Joy.




3. With thanks to our babysitters, my husband was able to join me for my skype therapy this week.  It went really well.  It is amazing how the insight of a therapist can help so much.  I am on this journey and I don't want to go it alone.  We learned that when DH comes home and finds me overwhelmed his response is "get out of here and go for a walk".  It sounds nice but when I am overwhelmed walking out on the stress is not what I want, nor helpful for me to relax.  It is really DH's way to "get me out of the way" to accomplish things as he would like.  He also tends to try to hug me during these moments.  I don't receive physical touch well in those situations.  My love language is Quality Time.  Instead, DH was challenged to invite me to step aside for a few minutes and become overwhelmed with me.  It is so nice to have his participation and interest in this process.  I need & look forward to his support as we figure this out together.  The main challenge is discipline....

4. ...and on that topic I will be participating in Finding Greater Joy's discipline series next week.  Look for my post on Thursday.  I can't wait to hear what the other women have to say before me...starting Monday.

5. Loves the sand.  Hates the water.  Life is therapy for this one.

6. My two-less teeth Rosie.  Growing into such a beautiful girl and a wonderful big sister.

7. Off to enjoy the red snapper my DH cooked for dinner.  See you soon! 

3 comments:

Irene Roe said...

Do you know what I love about your blog? 1) The adorable pictures of your kids. Your kids look very happy - well done! 2) You are real. My DH and I were discussing my feelings of "not fitting in the mommy world" and he thought a big part of that was that people make it all seem real easy. Life looks real easy when you edit on fb and comment on how wonderful everything is all the time...only, in my world (as much as I wouldn't trade it for anything) - this is hard and sometimes it is not always pretty - and you discuss that. I appreciate that. Makes me feel like I am not the only alien out in space! 3) I have always known you are amazing. Such a strong person, one that I really admire (from afar). Wish we were closer. (Hugs)

E said...

your therapy appt brings tears to my eyes! What beauty! As women, we just want our hearts touched. Men don't always know how. It is all a journey and I am so happy you are on this road together. Gosh, those children! Joy!!

Leanne@lifehappenswhen said...

I totally get that! We have #3 on the way and a lot of people have mixed reactions, even within my family. It's hard to exude the joy I feel when I'm self-conscious about what other people think. Congrats to you! Let the joy flow!

We are headed to the beach soon and I'm very concerned about whether or not my 2 year old will like the sand and water!

That is awesome that your husband is so willingly involved in your therapy. What a blessing!