Friday, June 15, 2012
quick takes (v 3)
1. In my last post I alluded to my week. Here goes.
2. Our first week watching "M", our adopted six year old. The week before her family was all sick. Sickness has fallen upon my family.
3. Tuesday morning Rosie woke up vomiting. Sit on day 2 cancelled.
3. Wednesday, our sitting resumed. I noticed a rash on Catie, called the doctor and they said come in. Appointment scheduled for afternoon. Sitter arranged to watch the other kids. On the way to the doctor Rosie was not feeling well so I kept her and M with me to bring Catie into the doctor. We walk in the office and Rosie vomits all over the carpet. They assume I am checking in my vomiting daughter. NOPE! I am here for the little one with the rash! It was a 2-1 appointment. We spent the evening trying to keep anything down and everything clean.
4. Thursday, reflecting upon the previous day's doctor appointment I decide the doctor did not fairly access Catie. Perhaps he was a bit distracted by the puker. He said Catie had eczema and possibly an eye irritation from tears. I reschedule Catie for a 2nd opinion with a different doctor. She took one look and said "Lymes". WHAT! This freaked me out. I have known several adults with Lymes and none have fared well. Evidently it is highly common in our area and highly treatable in children when found early. Thank God I went back! 21 days of antibiotics for my 1 year old. And never ever am I going to let a crawling child do outdoor crawling in the future. She better start walking soon! (She is 18 months tomorrow, for the record).
5. Thursday night, my husband succumbed to the stomach bug and spent Friday in bed.
6. Friday...Oh, how I need this week to end!! We are scheduled to attend a wedding tomorrow. The feeling in my gut it making me a bit nervous. Off to the store for the sickies.
7. Happy Father's Day to my Dad. You are my hero and I love you! Happy Father's day to my Father in Law, thank you for all your love and acceptance...and the dishes!! Happy Father's Day to the man whom God has chosen for me. Your love for our family is so amazingly deep. Thank you for all that you do and all that you are. I love you!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Thanks, hope everyone recovers and you don't get too stressed out.
p.s. you can't protect kids from everything, you have to deal with life as it comes. Be careful with your resolutions.
Two of my children have had Lyme Disease, one at 6 months and 11 years and one at 2 years. It is endemic in my area, you were smart to go back to the doctor and treat it right away.
Adding some pro-biotics to your daughters diet can help offset the side effects of a long course of anti-biotics
Post a Comment