While we became foster parents, your parents were becoming better acquainted
While we were becoming acquainted with our foster son, you were conceived
While we celebrated Holy Week, you began to grow in your mother's womb
and about the same time, we were presented with an adoption opportunity...but it wasn't right for us...that little girl was meant for friends....as we prayed about her...you were nestling warm in your mother's womb, your tiny beating heart, God knew then we would hold you one day
While our case was transferring to the adoption unit, your mother was entering her third trimester
While we were celebrating a first birthday, you were preparing for birth
the day you were born, we were just steps away at a doctor's appointment
While we were completing our adoption home study, you were fighting with the new world around you
While we were counting the days until Termination of Parental Rights was finalized, you were leaving the hospital for the first time
as our case moved closer to finalization, God drew you closer to us
While I prayed for intercession to St Gianna, you were right around the corner
7 days later I saw your beautiful smile for the first time and fell in love
While I was calling our social worker about you, your foster mom was calling the same social worker about us
While we waiting anxiously for an adoption date, we began learning to care for you
Then we learned that you would be going to live with your relatives...and then we learned you were not
While we were waiting, you continued to find your way back into our home
While we were waiting, your foster sibling got sick and your foster mom needed you to stay with us
When we found out we had an adoption date, we also found out your aunt was going to fight for you
Moments before we were standing outside the court room preparing to adopt our son, I was dropping you off for a visit and meeting your parents for the first time
Moments after we officially became a family of four, I was picking you up and going to our adoption party as a family of five
As we were leaving for vacation, we said goodbye, unsure you would be in our life again
As we were returning from vacation, we were nervously waiting news from the judge...and the verdict
You became our second placement that same day
And now, we wait.
In two weeks we should know if you will remain in our lives a bit longer
While we are waiting, we will pray
"I will move ahead bold and confident, taking every step in obedience"
"..I will serve you, ...I will worship, ...I will not fail, ...I'll be running the race, even while I wait."
"I am peaceful, though it's not easy, faithfully I will wait"
3 comments:
good luck you are in my prayers.
No doubt a path designed be the Lord. Prayers. :)
This was beautiful. :*)
Post a Comment