Thursday, August 25, 2011

pray for us

So...if you are not a foster parent...let me just clue you in on something I have learned.  The only thing predictable is foster care is unpredictable! 

Tomorrow is our second round of unnerving, nail biting, could-go-either-way-will-we-see-this-baby-again court.  The first, we were not actually present during.  Tomorrow, I will have my husband by my side. 

I spoke with our case worker to inquire that if the aunt does in fact get custody, how soon would we handing baby love over.  I received further encouragement, mixed with an extra batch of complication.  Complication first.  Per the supervisor, transition would entail visits becoming longer, progressing to overnights, etc, etc, etc.  Basically, if the judge says yes to the kinship family, we will likely continue to be involved with baby love's life for some time before her transition.  What is the encouragement, you ask?  Well, bio aunt refused to cooperate with the recommendations of the visit coordinator and said "if this is going to be my last visit, I want it to be a good one." 

Court starts at 10.30am EST.  Please pray this is quick and easy (two words that never apply to foster care, but I can hope) and for our strength.  THANK YOU!!

No comments: