Sunday, September 09, 2007

SOOOOO in love!!!!

Oh my goodness. I don't think we could have ever imagined the utter joy and overwhelming love that a gift of new life could bring. Our Hannah is our "Gift from God" (that is the meaning of her name). Some people have asked us why we choose the name, Hannah Rose. Well, aside from the meaning of Hannah...over the years of struggling with infertility, I have been inspired by the story of Hannah in the bible. I remember telling Paul, I know this is the name God has for our child. So, that sold him on Hannah. Since I chose the first name, he decided Rose was the perfect middle name, after St. Rose of Lima. Coincidentally, she was born on the feast of another St. Rose. Her story is pretty cool too!

So the last several days have been a series of adventures. While everyone talks about the lack of sleep...no one told me it would be because I can't bear to close my eyes around her! She is so incredibly precious and I adore watching her face as she sleeps. Paul has been amazing. I get midnight snacks, breakfast and sometimes even lunch in bed. Just a little while ago he was mopping...then vacuuming. In addition to all his help with the house, he is an awesome Papa! He loves holding her and is diaper changers extraordinaire...which is wonderful since she has peed on him several times. :)

Yesterday, we went to Mass and got a few more family pictures. You can see the slide show here. Thank you for all your emails, prayers and well wishes. We are truly TRULY BLESSED.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the birth of your daughter. She is amazing. Cherish every moment and keep the pictures coming! :)

Jacquelyn, Andrew and Cecilia Smith

Anonymous said...

best of all joys, you two will be perfect parents. hannah is a beauty she looks like both of you. she is a precious little bundle of joy.

love, brad, mary, brandy and kim
broyles

ps send us a picture of all of you

E said...

Elisabeth,
Hannah is just so wonderful. I figured that was why you named her Hannah. Congrats!
Erin

John said...

Beth and Paul,
Love the pictures, great to see them. Hannah looks just like Paul, but without a goatee.

Hope Mom and Dad are doing okay, and Grandma is helping with holding the baby.

Love,
Dad