1. I am dying to get that pink (hello food coloring) cake out of sight when I open my blog. Thrilled it's a girl, but that cake...oy...very very pink.
2. I am loving the adoption stories that flooded my blog and facebook recently. Adoptions truly can happen in the most miraculous and unexpected ways. If you are pursuing adoption or feel called to pursue adoption, do not despair! Even after failed adoptions...God is faithful. I know that He uses every small detail of our life to lead us in dependence on Him.
3. Nesting. I love it. It really took until my 3rd trimester to get my bum peeled off the couch/bed/place of rest...but I am loving the motivation to get rid of crap! With the addition of #4 I am needing to get serious about the amounts of clothing coming into and going out of this house. I have been a grateful recipient of hand me downs - but really, this is too.much!! I pulled out all the clothes to change seasons a few months back. They are coming down and we are weeding out again. I know of a mom that only kept 7 seasonal outfits in rotation for her kids, to try to keep this problem at bay. If I can get down to 10...I think I would be doing good. Any tips for bin keeping/clothes-clutter clearing is appreciated!
4. I wish I would have/could have foster/adoption nested...my house would be much better off.
5. 2.5 months to go! Everyone that has asked me "how are you feeling" has gotten the response that I am not as bothered by the heat as I expected. That answer rang true until we camped in 90 degree heat this weekend. I am grateful that the AC and my bed have helped my ankles return to normal size. I feel the baby move all the time and it is a glorious feeling. I am so truly blessed to experience this again.
6. Our weekend project involved painstakingly scraping all the paint we applied to our concrete basement floor when we could not decide on/afford the right flooring for the space. We finally settled on carpet squares for ease of replacement & because we have a hugely uneven lower level. The space is finally coming together and it is so nice to have something other than dirty painted concrete.
We are 90% done with the space and I hope to share some final pics before too long!
7. 40 minutes to Monday and posting my Friday quick takes. Story of my life. Good night!

1 comment:
I've been absent and thus didn't know you are having a girl! Whoo hoo! I'm very excited for your entire family!
Post a Comment