Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Or in Spanish: !Tenemos Papa!

I had missed the previous two smoke events so was thrilled that I finally got the hang of smoke watch in time to witness today with my daughter.

Streaming online, we anxiously waited...Rosie asking every two minutes "is that smoke??" After 35 the answer was yes. And I thought it was black. But then it was white!

White Smoke!!
We celebrated and what fun sharing that moment with my daughter, and my mom on the phone.

We brought non-napping Augie into the room to await the answer "who???". Nothing helped me answer that question and honestly EWTN didn't get the info flowing for some time.
Pope Francis!

It wasn't until 8pm that I actually found out what he said in his address.

But he had me when he asked for prayers, took a moment of silence and bowed his head to receive them. I raised my hand and offered a prayer through my tears. God bless Pope Francis! We don't know you, but we love you!!



No comments: