Wednesday, October 31, 2012

overcoming anger {day 31} embrace it all

day 31.  what???!!!

I felt like I missed several days as a result of the hurricane and was going to go back and reorganize a bit to give myself a few more posts.  Then I saw the calendar.  Tomorrow is October 31st. The last day of my series dedicated to anger. 

I feel like I should have done more, said more.  But here I am.  At the end.  I am at peace. 

Last night, with the threat of loosing power.  I baked a pie and carved pumpkins with my family.  As my 5 year old sat on my lap I held her had and taught her how to carve the pumpkin.  Today we sat together for two hours and made Minnie Mouse ears for their costumes.  These little moments are the ones I love the most.  They are the ones that help me remember I am a good mom. 

Last week Rosie wanted to watch the movie of St Therese.  She cried at the end.  We talked about death.  Now that she is 5 we are having more life lessons.  I love it.  This is also the time that I am recognizing that she is thriving as a result of all the blood, sweat and tears.  She is an amazing little...princess.  (I type because she is fully convinced she is a princess and I love it!)

I really truly LOVE being a mom.  It is the most amazing and incredible gift I have ever received.  I love raising children.  It is the hardest, craziest, scariest, most insane thing I have ever been a part of...and I would not change anything for the world. 

These little people are making me a better person.  They are my path to heaven.  They are the needy that I serve.  The hungry that I feed.  The poor that I give everything to.

Day 31.  I am an amazing mom.  I do amazing, incredible things every day.  God wants you to know you are an amazing mom.  An amazing woman.  An amazing person. 

As for moving forward, whatever it takes, I will do.  My children are worth more to me than anything else in this world.  This series was for them.  I love you babies.  Please never forget how much I love you!! 

1 comment:

Julie said...

"I really truly LOVE being a mom. It is the most amazing and incredible gift I have ever received. I love raising children. It is the hardest, craziest, scariest, most insane thing I have ever been a part of...and I would not change anything for the world."

Ditto!!