Saturday, February 11, 2012

six months

Six months.  We have only officially had Catie in our care for six months.  Unofficially, we had long visits for two months prior to her placement.

When I say the words "six months" it seems like no time at all.  When I think about her role in our life, it seems as if she has always been a part of us. 

I wish I could share pictures.  She scrunches up her nose to smile at me now...every time she sees me.  EVERYthing is "mommieee".  My husband does not love this...but boy does Catie love him (even though she calls him "mommieee").  She is always complimented on her personality.  She can be such a charmer.  She can also scream louder and with more intensity than any child I have ever met.  She does this if I attempt to remove my cell phone from her hands.

She is still a bit behind in the development department.  The best way to say is she moves at her own pace.  She is by far my safest-on-the-stairs baby and the first one to have not fallen down them.  She is very cautious of new movements, but as soon as she figures something out...she's golden.  It was amusing at a baby play date seeing a 7 month old standing (almost walking!) while my 14 month old won't even put her feet on the ground.  We are making progress.  She will get there!

I made the last of my treks to the children's hospital on her behalf; while at the same time scheduling my first appointment at said hospital on Augie's behalf.  More on that later.  Never a dull moment here. 

~~~~~~~~

I was recently moved reading an adoption account from another blogger.  Part 3 gives me insight into Catie's early NICU days.  Reading her account made me sad that we were not yet a part of Catie's life to love on her so intensely.

~~~~~~~~

Bio mom called and wants to schedule a closing visit.  I am actually thrilled to hear this.  First, to know she recognizes and accepts the end.  Second, because it is possibly my first and only chance to talk to her, thank her, hug her...and get a picture of her.  I hope she does not bail.

12 days down, 18 days to go.  It is a bit challenging to plan for things such as baptisms, but I have set a date for the end of May.  Hopefully she will be finally and officially ours before then...and May will be the big party!

1 comment:

Julie said...

Wow. I can't wait to see pictures of her soon! May will come before you know it!
Isaiah is almost 5 months and has NOT attempted to roll over at all. I keep comparing him to other babies his age, but this post makes me feel better that he will do things at his own pace and be just fine...like your Catie!
I can't believe that you have never met Catie's birth mother in the 6+ months. I hope it goes well for the sake of everyone!
Praying for your whole family!