In my journal I wrote:
"It is here! Today I will be a bride - and I will walk down the aisle and share vows with Paul. I am so excited and my heart is bursting as I write this. Praise Jesus for the joy in my heart right now. I can't even comprehend the enormity of this great covenant - yet my hope and trust are in the Lord who has brought me this far"
My freshman year of college I gave up dating for lent. Yes...I was a bit boy crazy and it was a perfectly legitimate sacrifice. :) One that ended up changing my life in a significant way. As I offered that sacrifice to the Lord, I felt Him urging me to make a 3 year commitment to Him. To give up dating for 3 years. That same week, in my secular college bookstore, I stumbled upon this newly released book and about had a heart attack. It was God's gift to me.
The next man I fell in love with was my husband, 5 years later.
Those 5 years were my gift to God and to my future husband. In the same way, my husband committed his heart to me years before we met. God did write our love story. What a glorious day!
I will save more wedding day reflections for anniversary #10. At the prompting of Betty Beguiles I am going to share a bit about our honeymoon.
And apart from the silly stories for our private memoirs....here are a few moments we will never forget:
- Drinking hot chocolate spiked with peppermint schnapps and playing scrabble in front of the lobby fireplace
- Eating at the Grizzly House, our favorite by far.
- Loving the hot springs, and then learning later that my husband made that ultimate sacrifice for me (he does not do hot)
- Dreaming about our future and our family...which couldn't come soon enough. 9 years later we are so truly blessed beyond our wildest dreams.
6 comments:
Congratulations!
Happy Anniversary!! Looks like a gorgeous place to honeymoon :)
Nicely remembered.
tears in my eyes...from the last blog too...it was fun watching you during your courtship, and to the wonderful wedding. You are an amazing couple and it has been fun watching you grow into a very blessed FAMILY. love you.
Congrats!! God Bless, I love the photos!
Awww...what a lovely story! And what beautiful pictures. Of course, you two are a beautiful couple!
Post a Comment