We have decided to pray for Padre Pio's intercession for the cause of Baby Love. We are praying the same novena he prayed nightly while interceding for those who asked for his prayers. Our fervent prayer is "God's will be done." I love how the bottom of this novena begs prayers from St Joseph, foster father of Jesus.
Today, while cleaning, I got to the bottom of a pile and suddenly, this little prayer book falls to the floor in front of me. My mother picked it up for us last year and I had forgotten all about it. At the same time, I saw a prayer card to St Gianna. Blog followers know she plays a part in this story as well. It is great to know these fantastic saints have our back!
Today is one week until court.
Visit drop offs with Bio Aunt have been a little stressful. We don't have much of a report. I fear she is caught up in an "us against them" mentality. I am sure, if our places were reversed, I would possibly feel the same way. I am contemplating "the talk". It feels a little early to do so. I would love to pour out my heart and tell her how much we love and adore this little girl. But, I know it is better to leave that unsaid this early. I am hoping for the grace and opportunity to reassure her that IF baby love remains with us, we will allow the aunt/niece relationship to continue. I am hoping such reassurance might put our relationship on a better path.
2 comments:
What a difficult situation. I will be praying for you.
I am so sorry that you are going through this. I am praying for you.
Post a Comment