Here are the players in our drama:
BL = baby love, the beautiful little 6mo who all this revolves around
SW = social worker for BL
FM = current foster mom (who is our current point of contact)
BA = biological aunt
Monday morning BA was essentially a no-show for her scheduled visit, so that visit was cancelled (good for us). Everything, including important conversation was moved to Thursday. Thursday evening I called FM to check in and got the following report:
The visit happened as scheduled and SW sat down with BA to inform her of their concerns about her raising BL. Primary concerns are BA's health issues and BL's medical needs. BA was very upset. This was the first time she was informed of the possibility BL may not be moving to her house. Incidentally, we have known this since mid-May when we were asked to be a back up family. Essentially, the county was trying to build a case during that time so they have more to hold up in court later if needed. Back to BA. She feels discriminated against related to her age and she is upset because she is kinship while another family (us) are not. She was told she had two options. 1. She can fight, which essentially means being prepared to go to court against the county. 2. She can let go, come to terms with not raising baby love but still maintain her status and relationship as BA. She has until Monday to decide what she wants to do.
As Monday is a holiday, I probably will not know more until Tuesday....and taking into account this is foster world we are talking about, it could even be longer than that.
What I imagine happening....if they choose option 1, BL probably will remain with FM indefinitely. If they choose option 2, BL would probably be transitioning to our home before too long.
We will be picking up BL on Saturday morning and have her through Monday night. Which means I need to get working because I am not going to be getting much done after tomorrow. :)
I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend! Will keep y'all posted! Thanks for the prayers. Oh, and a friend asked who she should pray to for intercession. St Colette of Corbie came to my head, so I am praying for her intercession. AND, it is possible St Gianna has her hand in this too. I met BL for the first time 1 week after praying at her shrine.
3 comments:
wow...on St Gerrard! Love MOMMA
Awww!! Good luck and enjoy your weekend with the little precious!
just try and enjoy BL and not worry about the rest..(easier said than done!) LM had a BA (older, not prime health) that tried for her after we'd had her 2 weeks.. she was obviously denied.. its rough, but what is best for the babies I think..
I haven't been blogging/reading blogs in a while, so I am catching up.. praying all turns out well..xoxo
Post a Comment