Tonight, I did it. With "gun" in hand and friend at my side...i walked the aisles of Babies R Us. Paul and I have gone back and forth about the registry. Since we don't or won't know what we will need and when we will need it....it took a long time to decide...it is okay...we WILL have a baby!
We tried to do Babies R Us once before but failed miserably. After that attempt we perused the internet and established the first inklings of a registry. Tonight (bru take 2) has been on the calendar for weeks. With Paul out of town it was the perfect time for a girls night. It was wonderful to have a supportive, loving friend to lead me in to this vast abyss of crazy baby world and help me know what I will need and not need. Jen is so practical that Paul put his trust in her as a stand in. She did great and when she called later to make sure she wasn't too practical, I assured her that I still registered for a few things I wanted (over needing). :)
There is certainly no manual on how to do this the adoption way...but, it is a worry out of the way so that when the time comes - we can expend all our energy fussing over the gift that God has in store.
No comments:
Post a Comment