Monday, August 07, 2006

Paul's Ramblings: "I was adopted too"

I was born of parents, a father and mother. My parents experienced new life with the birth of my brother before me. Then I was put up for adoption. During my adoption ceremony I had water poured over my head. I was given new clothes, a candle, a new name. My new family was so big - I had brothers and sisters of all ages and sizes. They were adopted too.

I grew to know the love of my Father by having little talks with Him. The eternal question was always there. Father, do you love me as much as your real son? "Someday you will know how much I love you."

As I grew, I learned and wondered. I learned of what my brother did for me. Being older he saw the trouble that I would get into. He died to help me live. Oh I know my brother loved me.

Father, do you love me as much as your real son? Then I heard my brother's voice. "Not my will but yours be done." I realized how much I was loved. My Father gave of Himself, by giving His son, for me, His adopted son. I am His son and He is my Father. May I never question His love for me and May His love ever shine through me. May my children bask in His love through me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I couldn't believe what you were writing until I finished the last few sentences-beautiful Paul!!

We are getting excited along with you

Anonymous said...

oh my goodness... i sat here reading this with a lump in my throat and tears down my cheeks... what an amazing analogy and how beautiful we are all treated by our Lord and Savior... thank you for this...