Saturday, August 19, 2006
I have found the "in"
Suddenly it as not as uncomfortable being the only woman without a baby in my crowd of friends. Well...It is still uncomfortable, but humorously when conversation turns to breastfeeding, I am participating. I was with the moms at the pool today (while our husbands are away together on a "men's camping weekend") and a Le Leche League instructor joined our group. One of the girls nudged me and I asked her about adoptive breast feeding. Before I knew it the words "nipples" and "breast pump" were flying around my head. I laughed and listened as 6 women spouted suggestions and encouragements. Paul and I have been discussing the idea of adoptive breast feeding and doing a little internet research. The idea of being able to bond with a baby & potentially lactate to provide for some of his or her nutritional needs is intriguing and exciting. Should I overwhelm everyone here and say that we are also thinking about cloth diapering?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Just took a look at your site for the first time....I am fully in support, friend. Pump away :) Actually, I have always been intrigued by the whole process of adoptive breastfeeding. I think it is awesome. Can't wait to see you and talk more...we may ALL be there on Sunday! :)
Post a Comment